//the art of k//

My blog for posting my art and doodles. Just a place to post the things that arent on my deviantART page... and some that are.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

//titans go//

Well its been a rough past few monthes... my Nana passed on after suffering since after Christmas (she died the 28th) and we had her memorial service on the 10th. It was very much a healing process. But in the mean while I have been keeping myself preoccupied (because I've never dealt well with death).

I have been drawing up a storm hoping to build up a portfolio to take to the Corcoran in DC. I want to go back to school and get my degree. And I want to do it before I feel its too late.

So any comments you all have on my artwork, please share them. I can't improve without comments. I'd appreciate it.

Anywho, last night I started a doodle in straight sharpie marker... and from there it became a 45 minute monster of a pic. It was done on 8.5 x 11" printer paper and I filled up a good chunk of the page...


and then I coloured it at work when the boss wasn't looking (I so bad)


So for a straight sharpie marker piece... what do you all think?

5 Comments:

Blogger PotatoFarmGirl said...

The shadows on Robin and the crew are neat, and my condolences to you and your family for your loss. My grandma passed away this past summer too, it is never easy having to say goodbye.

2:15 AM  
Blogger Alicia "Kaden" Guy said...

I'm sorry to hear about your loss as well. Thank you so very much for you kind words and comments. They mean a lot.

7:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that looks great, and ESPECIALLY for straight sharpie. I'm ver y sorry about your loss, my grandpa also passed away last year in may so in a way i know how you feel. Great picture though!!!

5:16 PM  
Blogger Alicia "Kaden" Guy said...

Thanks for the comments and visiting. I am sorry to hear about your loss.

7:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keeping yourself busy is a good way to help you get through tough times.

and awesome work with the Titans. I love the creepiness factor. and the colors just make it pop!

3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home