//the art of k//

My blog for posting my art and doodles. Just a place to post the things that arent on my deviantART page... and some that are.

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Sometimes We Just Need To Mourn

I don't know if I can fully comprehend the magnitude of Monday's events or if I even want to. It hit so close to home, I just keep crying. I didn't personally know any of the victims but I had friends who had gone to Virginia Tech, I almost went there myself. I've been in Norris Hall before. So its all really daunting.

Last night at karaoke I sang "I Will Remember You" by Sarah McLaughlin at karaoke. I couldn't last the whole song without choking up. The whole thing is just depressing to no end.

The shooter was about 8 months younger than me. It hardly seems possible at all and yet it is. Someone so young, it just boggles the mind.

I really don't know where I'm going with this, just that it needs to be said. My heart, my prayers, and my thoughts go out to those directly affected. No one should ever have to go through that, and no one should ever be alone.

We are all hokies today.

http://media.putfile.com/Remembrance-in-honor-of-those-who-died-at-VT
a song i did in honor of the victims

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home