//the art of k//

My blog for posting my art and doodles. Just a place to post the things that arent on my deviantART page... and some that are.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

//BIG BREAK, moving, and vacation photos//

OH. MY. GOD.

First of all, big news #1...

I'm not sure which phrase would be more appropriate... "BOOYAH!!!" or "GLORIOUS!!!"

I just was asked by a comic creator/producer to do a 5-10 page story for his book.

He said the minimum amount printed is 10,000 copies per book, AND I would get paid per page and get artist credit in the inside cover.

This is my first offer/paying comic job. It could lead to more work or a deal.

I checked the publisher out and he is in fact legit.

I am just so excited.

The comic's website is here www.sxd.ca

MY FIRST COMIC GIG! YAY!

~~~

Secondly I am in the process of packing things up because Jason and I move into a new apartment (our first one) starting Friday. SQUEE! This means that for the first time since I was 2 years old... I won't have a backyard. Luckily... mama is still only 10 miles away because we're still in town. Apartment photos to come next week.

~~~

Thirdly... VACATION PHOTOS FROM VIRGINIA BEACH!!!


Mirror Maze of Doomage... I ran smack dab into a mirror... it hurt like hell.


MINI KRAKKEN


Jason with a gunblade at a boardwalk sword shop


Oh No! There goes Tokyo! Baby Gorjira (thats godzilla to us stateside)


Yar! Me and a pirate!


Yar! It be Neptune! My god... what is he doing to that poor turtle?!


And I'm dancing with myselves


Oxygen Bar silliness


Jason and I... the silliest pirates on the 6 seas... wait... there's 7? Why wasn't I informed?!

~~~

oh added bonus cuz I love y'allz

NIGHTWING (my redesign) SWING!



He's still not finished yet

2 Comments:

Blogger Alicia "Kaden" Guy said...

Mucho gracias, Estrellita.

12:48 PM  
Blogger PotatoFarmGirl said...

Congrats! Sounds like an awesome job and project. And that neptune sculpture is awesome. Looks like he's going to use that turtle as a freesbie. Poor turtle...

7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home