//the art of k//

My blog for posting my art and doodles. Just a place to post the things that arent on my deviantART page... and some that are.

Saturday, February 18, 2006

//omg its like kaden//



Well here's my selfportrait. I drew it first in blue copynot pencil then I penciled it. I digitally inked it in illustrator and then coloured it using vectors in Xara Xtreme.

The piece took me a really really long time. But its one of my faves.

I think this piece made me really realize my style. I still have influnces from my anime obsession days... and Murikami, Matsuda, and Timm have also left impressions in my work... but I'm not quite sure what I'd say my style is... My friends all tell me its really unique but I'm not sure.

But I'm happy with it and its the style I'm going to keep for the majority of my portfolio when I present it.

Let me know what y'all think. As always critiques and comments help me to improve and are always appreciated.

Also, real quick, I want to thank all the people in the animation and comic industries who have taken the time to leave comments on my blog. Its very encouraging to me. You have no idea how much it means to me.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahh! the mysterious kaden!

i now have a pic that i can tape to my dart board! :P

12:25 PM  
Blogger Alicia "Kaden" Guy said...

make sure they're foam darts doug. I dont want any permanate scarrage.

1:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh com'n! scars are totally in right now.

3:21 PM  
Blogger Alicia "Kaden" Guy said...

i know, i do have one on my upper lip :)

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home