//the art of k//

My blog for posting my art and doodles. Just a place to post the things that arent on my deviantART page... and some that are.

Monday, March 13, 2006

//of course you realize this means war...//

I have a huge grudge to settle...

We have this really nice river property running behind my house.

My dad has maintained it for 15 years and such.

Well now this one section of town called Hensel Stone is claiming they have ownership over a part of it... suddenly... after 12 years of being there (hensel stone was built after we moved here).

Its been surveyed twice over the past 15 years and both times the results came up the same. That's our property. But this weekend, some Hensel Stone residents took down our No Trespassing signs and put up their own.

To make matters worse, they never discussed this with us. Never warned us. They just went and took them down.

Today, some goth girl was down there smoking and watching some cows in the water. My dad asked her what she was doing on our property and she said she was waiting for the Game Warden to get the cows out of the water... and then added it was Hensel Stone's property and her mother proudly boasted of the people taking our signs down.

My dad toiled summer after summer to keep that property clean, neat, and well maintained. He cleared bramble from it, he took a back-o down there to make it a more level walking path and to make the dirt more compact and better for seed. He spent most of last summer re-seeding it. He's picked up litter that trespassers would leave... trespassers from Hensel Stone.

And now these kids will be going down there and will totally trash the place with no regard. They always do.

Its like someone coming in and dumping trash in your back yard and then throwing large parties there with out any respect for those around or the nature they are in.

Its like they're doing it to my childhood memories. That was one of my favourite play spots growing up. My last dog, Tramp, who grew up with me since I was 6, loved to play down there.

Its just not right.

I don't know what to do but my dad is looking to do something. He didn't work all that time and all those years just to have a bunch of people suddenly take it from him.

And I'll be right there with him to fight it.

Hensel Stone is going to lose this one. I won't let them take this from my family.

Sorry if my posts lately haven't been so cheery its just bad crap likes to hit all at once.

So I leave you with a picture of nature to go along with this post.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

those bastards! there's never a people eating bear around when you really need one!

but i like the little birdie you drew :)

12:14 PM  
Blogger PotatoFarmGirl said...

I hope everything turns out all right for your family. Rural areas are starting to get like that in places sadly. Pretty bird though!

2:07 AM  
Blogger Alicia "Kaden" Guy said...

Thanks Brianne. Well it did work out after all. We got lawyers involved and they went to the Hensel Stone people... Hensel Stone got scared and took their signs down this weekend.

Now we just have a fun new problem with a construction company blocking our river property access with their vehicals.

7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home