//the art of k//

My blog for posting my art and doodles. Just a place to post the things that arent on my deviantART page... and some that are.

Sunday, February 26, 2006

//and now for a moment of boredom induced posting...//

*sigh* Boredness ensues...

I had such a busy and exciting weekend that now that I'm sitting here on my butt and my friends are asleep or else where I have found that boredom is setting in. I worked out with my Saturday morning, went to a cafe with him in the early-afternoon. Had adventures in black-out land around midafternoon and then went Karateoking (aka Karaoke) from 8:30pm til 2am sunday. Then today I was playing Dungeons & Dragons all day... I'm such a dork.

I did, however, finish a pic I was doing for the awesome Sergio Quijada who did a kick ass commission for me.


He drew this pic of me playing my guitar. I totally love it. It's going on some t-shirts and the art for my next album "Look Out World" which I am currently writing songs for (this album is my studio album so its gonna be kinda femme rockie... but will also have some digital tracks with my laying down some vocals).

The dude is totally amazing. He is the artist on the comic Goth Ghost Girl (Ronin Studios). He has some really kick ass pieces on his website (check out his teen titans art!) and is an incredibly nice dude. Goth Ghost Girl has a pin-up art book coming out soon with his art in it. Be sure to be on the look out for that.





So anyway... in return I drew Goth Ghost Girl for him as a way of thanking him. It was my first time drawing the character... not to mention drawing a skirt that short. I had to be careful on that part... wanted to get the anatomy right on that. However I purposely made the longs a wee bit long... I always do anyway.



This piece was great fun to make. I do love a challenge. Keeps things interesting. I'm hoping to maybe take a few requests every now and then (although commissions are better because I do got some bills to pay). So any suggestions on things you guys would like to see me draw are appreciated and welcomed.




Oh and on a final note...

scowly raven post it note art.

Well thats all I can think to post at the moment. Ciao all.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sergio really is awesome. and that pic of you he did just totally rocks.

and your goth ghost girl! wow, I am uber amazed by that. I love the Gasp T-shirt. :)

8:51 AM  
Blogger Alicia "Kaden" Guy said...

Thanks a lot. Like I said, it was something new.

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home